Anyway, The 30-Day Blogging Challenge is a challenge to put a post on your blog every day for 30 days (I bet you didn't see that coming). But each day you have a topic to write about. That way you don't just sit at your computer typing, Um, so, okay. I don't know what to blog about, but today is the third day for the 30-Day Blogging Challenge and I have to write something. So, um, bye! Here are the topics:
- Day 1: A favorite song.
- Day 2: A favorite movie.
- Day 3: A favorite book.
- Day 4: A favorite television program.
- Day 5: A favorite quote.
- Day 6: A moment you wish you could relive.
- Day 7: Five things you couldn’t possibly live without.
- Day 8: A thank you letter to someone who has changed your life.
- Day 9: A photo you took.
- Day 10: A photo of you taken over ten years ago.
- Day 11: A photo of you've taken recently.
- Day 12: A song that you want played at your wedding (or was played).
- Day 13: A guilty pleasure.
- Day 14: A vacation you would like to take.
- Day 15: A person you admire.
- Day 16: A song that makes you cry.
- Day 17: An art piece.
- Day 18: A time when you felt passionate and alive.
- Day 19: A talent of yours.
- Day 20: A hobby of yours.
- Day 21: Something you know you do differently than most people.
- Day 22: A website.
- Day 23: A way in which you want to be remembered.
- Day 24: A movie no one would expect you to love.
- Day 25: A recipe.
- Day 26: A childhood memory.
- Day 27: A physical feature you love.
- Day 28: A scar you have and it’s story.
- Day 29: Hopes, dreams, and plans you have for the next 365 days.
- Day 30: A motto or philosophy.
Today is Day 1, so I will be blogging about a favorite song.
My favorite song is "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars. This song is what really got me interested in The Civil Wars (which is now my favorite band) and made Taylor Swift my favorite singer. I literally listened to this song about fifty times over the next couple of days. It is easily the most played song on my iPod and my brother was very glad when I got it on my iPod so I wouldn't have to play it out loud on my computer since my headphones don't reach the headphone plug.
Taylor Swift wrote this song with The Civil Wars for The Hunger Games soundtrack, which really wasn't a soundtrack but songs inspired by The Hunger Games. They did, however, play three songs from the album in the credits. "Safe and Sound" was one of them.
This song is very haunting, beautiful, and sad. I believe when she wrote it she was thinking about a certain part in The Hunger Games. And I think that part was **SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!** Rue's death. "Safe and Sound" shows the fear and sadness in The Hunger Games perfectly with lyrics like "Don't you dare look out your window. Darling, everything's on fire. The war outside our door keeps raging on." and "Just close your eyes. The sun is going down. You'll be all right. No one can't hurt you now." I thought they were going to use it in the movie during Rue's death, but they used it in the credits, instead. It had a really good music video, too. (It's not violent at all or anything). I highly recommend you watch it.