I am on 'blog vacation' for the next 2 weeks since we have relatives in town.
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Instead of journaling I'm going to do creative writing.
I wrote this story a long time ago, in the beginning of October or the end of September. If you have ever read The Dangerous Book for Boys or The Daring Book for Girls, it's kind of like those books.
It tells you things you can make or do, how to do stuff like people years ago, and regular every day things to do. Here it is.
Make a Dress
All you need to do is measure your height, shoulders, and width. Then cut fabric that has flowers on it, sew it by hand or sewing machine, and then put it on!
How to make a blanket.
All you need to do is measure fabric that has stripes on it, length and width, cut, sew by hand or sewing machine and put it over yourself.
Stuff You Can Make to Trade and Sell!
This is stuff you can trade!
6. Rag dolls
11. Painted Rocks
12. Chinese Fans
14. Finger knitting
This is stuff you can sell!
It’s the same list as above, only there are 2 different things!
1. Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches
2. Paper Airplanes
In case of anything happening like the great depression these are some ways you can save money!
1. Try putting dandelion greens in your salad!
2. Make bloomers out of a sack!
3. Sew old socks instead of getting new ones
4. Instead of buying new shoes trace a shoe over cardboard, cut out, and put inside the shoe!
5. Make flower necklaces
6. Take care of your garden! Water it, pull weeds, and be patient.
These are some free games for children!
1. Roller skating
2. Wood or tin can stilts
3. Make and fly a kite
This stuff you can do is called pampering
1. Look in your mirror
2. Put in combs or clips
3. Put water in a bowl, dip your fingers in it, and put it in your eye. This is called an eye bath. It’s for cleaning out your eye.
4. Put on perfume
Here is a different type of pampering.
1. Brush your hair into hairdos
2. Check mirror
3. Wash your hands and face
4. Put on perfume
5. Keep your hair in place with hair combs and clips
Here are some everyday things
1. Give your family or yourself a foot massage
2. Dress up
3. Put clips and combs in your hair
4. Put on fancy hats and purses
5. Wear pins
6. If it’s a hot day get an umbrella for shade
7. Wear fancy stuff
8. Wear Jewelry
9. Get your own sewing kit and box
10. Do crafts
11. Jump rope
12. Play marbles
13. Help your mom and dad cut your little sister or brother’s hair
14. Tie ribbons around your hats
15. Make a cloth holder for things called a reticule
16. Make clothes for dolls
17. Make quilts
18. Do more sewing
19. Make a tote by hand or sewing machine
20. Make a hand bag by hand or sewing machine
21. Get an old backpack and sew on bits of different kinds of fabric
22. Make a cloth Journal
Design your room
1. Put books on a bookshelf
2. Put photos of your BFF’s in a picture frame then put it somewhere in your room
3. Put some cute and comfy chairs in your room
4. Put some Pillows near the windows. Cushions also work
5. Put a telephone in your room if your mom and dad let you
6. Put some nail polish at the head of your bed
Here are some things you can do to make yourself look prettier
1. Paint your nails bubble-gum pink
2. Make your hair curve out in the back
3. Put on Jewelry
4. Put on sunglasses (Optional)
Make up languages and songs!
Here are some made up songs you can sing!
Maxim, Maxim come here! Here’s a song for you to hear! Maxim, Maxim come and here this song! All you got to say is ding-dong! Maxim, Maxim sit right there. In the green chair!!!!!!!!!!
Want to hear a pretend word! Halliacabooba! Want to hear a pretend word that’s now a real wooooooord! Halliacabooba! Want to know what it means but I’m not going to tell you! First you got to guess! If you think it means bye or good-bye then you’re right! So Halliacabooba! BA!
I’m Swimming at the Pool
I’m swimming at the pool! I’m swimming at the pool! I’m swimming at the pool it is really cool! Why don’t you see a kangarooooooo! OO! OO! OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Pool, cool, kangaroo! BA!
In the spring you can fly a kite! Watch it as it goes in flight! In the summer! You can go to the pool it’s really coooooooooooooooooooool! In the fall you can jump in leaves! Hear the breeze! In the winter you can play in the snow! Watch it before it gooooooooooooooooooooooes! All these seasons are very nice but none of them are my Fav-or-ite! All these seasons are very nice! What’s yoooooooooooooooooooours?!
Have you ever trained a Seeing Eye dog? Or a service dog? If not give it a try!
Try practicing with these commands and a stuffed animal dog!
Sit, stay, down, wait, here, watch me, okay, jump, leave it, ignore it, drop it, no (name), pick it up, lie down, roll, and roll stay.
Here are more everyday things
1. Wear a watch
2. Pretend to be a reporter and have your own newspaper!
3. Have your own lucky ring!
4. Have a make up table
5. Dress up
6. Work on your clubs
7. Write in your journal
8. Finger knit
9. Make friendship bracelets
10. Play basketball
11. Play 4 square
12. Play hopscotch
13. Here are some Karate moves: Front kick, Back kick, punch and pull, Flat hands, And the lunge punge
14. Ride roller coasters
15. Watch scary movies
16. Wear high heels
17. Stand up for your friends and for yourself
18. Play bowling
19. Make a cushion
20. Make daisy chains and ivy crowns
21. Write letters
22. Make lemonade for yourself and to sell
23. Make shortbread for yourself or to sell
24. Make fudge for yourself or to sell
25. Do yoga
26. Do tricks and silly pranks
27. Tell ghost stories
28. Go hiking
29. Make fortune tellers
30. Make badges for clubs
32. Play soccer
33. Pick out Jewelry
34. Pick out clothes
35. Use yo-yo’s
36. Design clothes
These are some things from the older days that you can do now! People still do some of this stuff today!
1. Embroider pillows and handkerchiefs
2. Embroider a shoe or soft slipper
4. Bake things
5. Make bouquets for friends
6. Try collecting feathers for your embroidered pillows
7. Cook with stuff from your garden
8. Make bead necklaces
9. Play with Chinese fans
10. Back then people put hay in their shoes on January 15th in the evening. Then, the next morning there were sweets and sometimes a cone of sugar! Try it!
11. Make rag dolls
12. Make bark boats for your rag dolls
13. Try colcha embroidering
14. Jump in leaves
15. Do sewing by a fireplace, a heater, a furnace, or anything you can think of that’s warm
I hope you enjoyed my book.
Those made up songs I made up when I was 6, 7, and 8.
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Instead of creative writing, I am going to write about election day!
We helped volunteer with my mom and dad's friend Laura. We were putting voting reminders on doors of people that supported Obama. We had to pick up instructions so we all went inside Laura's house and were greeted by friendly barking. There was a cute half-Yorkie and half-poodle puppy. It was really cute! It let me pet it and give it a tummy rub, and when I tried to pet it again it ran all over the place! Laura said it thought I was playing tag. My mom said she's never seen a dog play tag before! It was really funny. After we did that we went to the voting places and welcomed people going in and thanked people coming out. Finally, we got to see who was elected!
We went to our friends', the Gooden's, house! We watched the election there and some of our other friends, the Brights and the Salefskis, joined us. We played while we waited to see who the winner was! Almost everybody wanted Obama except the father of the Goodens. Also, while we were waiting, my friend Sarah and I went down to see her grandma's kittens. When my mom said "He won!" I didn't know who but then Sarah asked, "Obama won!?" My mom said yes! Then we watched the speeches and they were really good! It is really exciting to have the first black president! I was really happy! Then we went home. It was a really fun day.