|Thank you, Cait and Mime!|
1. Each nominee must answer 11 questions.
2. Create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer.
3. Link back to who nominated them.
4. Choose 11 people and link them to your post.
5. Go to their page and tell them.
6. No tag backs!
Cait and Mime's Questions:
1. Favourite character in your work-in-progress?
Probably Anya Perriwinkle from The Sorceress. I finished the first draft, but I'm still editing it, so technically it's a WIP. ;) The best explanation I can think up for her is that she's a cross between Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games series and Alanna of Trebond from The Song of the Lioness series with some additions from me, of course. I also like Indie Snow, who is one of the main character's in the book I'm writing with my best friend, Kirsten, and her sister, Avery. It's called Can You Keep A Secret?
2. Does music influence your writing? What's a song that's inspired you?
Absolutely. As I've mentioned HERE, I love to listen to music when I'm writing my books (or blog posts!) as much as possible. One song that's inspired me is "Safe and Sound" by Taylor Swift featuring The Civil Wars. I talk about it HERE. Of course, there are more songs that have inspired me, but the list would be really long if I mentioned them all. ;)
3. Do you prefer writing in present tense or past tense? Why?
It's hard to say, but I think I prefer writing in the past tense. Though it could just be because ever time I try to write in the present tense I end up writing in the past tense again. I think the present tense is cool, though, because it makes the reader feel like you're there right as everything is happening.
4. Name a random fact a book taught you.
I found these two facts (I couldn't choose one) from The Perfectly Useless Books of Useless Information by Don Voorhees.
1. The average American home contains $90 in loose change.
2. It is illegal to use the American flag in advertising.
5. Favourite foods to snack on while reading/writing.
Chocolate of any kind (but preferably in the form of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups or Peanut Butter M&M's), hot chocolate, and/or popcorn. Though I know it's a popular choice among writers (along with chocolate), I absolutely can't stand the taste of coffee. I'll have to get my caffeine elsewhere.
6. Name 3 books you can't wait until are released.
1. Allegiant by Veronica Roth. (The third book in the Divergent series).
2. The Soul by Stephenie Meyer. (The second book in The Host series).
3. The Seeker by Stephenie Meyer. (The third book in The Host series).
7. Name a sequel that outshone it's predecessor.
I've been reading a lot of post-apocalyptic books recently, and I think they all follow a similar pattern. The first book sets everything up and shows how everyone is in danger because of an evil president/government/evil species. The second book show the main character starting some sort of rebellion along with her friends. The third book wraps up the series by showing the rebellion succeeding and the government getting destroyed. Most of the time the first book is the best in these series (such as The Hunger Games, Matched, and Delirium).
I'm reading the Darkness Rising series by Kelley Armstrong and I've almost finished the second book in the series: The Calling. I'm not sure if I like The Calling better than The Gathering or not, yet, but they're both pretty close in quality (which is awesome). I think Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets outshone Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, though.
8. Best side-kick/secondary-character you've read this year?
This year? I haven't read a lot of awesome secondary characters this year (except for Harry Potter characters), but I'd have to go with Four from the Divergent series and Daniel, Rafe, Annie, Sam, Corey, and Hayley from the Darkness Rising series. They all have such great personalities without outshining the main character.
9. Favourite quote!
These are my two absolute favorite friendship quotes (EVER!!!!). I think they describe my friendship with my best friend, Kirsten.
"What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies." -- Aristotle
"If you're alone, I'll be your shadow. If you want to cry, I'll be your shoulder. If you want a hug, I'll be your pillow. If you need to be happy, I'll be your smile. But anytime you need a friend, I'll just be me."-- Anonymous
10. Do you have any reading goals for 2013? Are you on track?!
Nope. I don't set reading goals for myself. I do the summer reading program for our local library each year, and this is the first year I can do the teen program, but other than that I just read whenever I feel like it. Oh, and I'm in two book clubs.
11. If you were a superhero would you wear a cape?
No way! I'd probably trip over it! ;P
Some writing/book related questions:
1. What is your least favorite book and why?
2. Have you ever read anything that made you laugh so hard people stared? What did you read?
3. Who is your favorite villain and why? (He doesn't have to be likable for him to be your favorite).
4. What is your favorite movie that was based on a book and why?
5. What is your least favorite movie that was based on a book and why?
6. Which of your book characters is most like you?
7. Have you ever based any of your characters after people you know? (Have you ever based any villains after people you know)?
8. Which book has inspired you in your writing the most?
9. When do you feel most inspired? Morning, night, Saturdays? Why?
10. Do you write more description or dialogue in your stories?
11. What annoys you most in books? How about in your books?
11 People I Will Tag:
1. Kirsten at "Tacos, Dolphins, and Friends."
2. Rich at "X Marks the Spot."
3. My dad at "Sushi and Pizza."
4. My mom at "Sushi and Pizza."
5. My brother at "I Don't Eat My Drumsticks."
6. nevillegirl at "Musings From Neville's Navel."
7. Cici at "Meredith and Callixta."
8. Miriam at "Miriam Joy Writes."
9. Whoever wishes to do this tag at "Get Well Jake."
10. Whoever wishes to do this tag at "The Book Chewers."
11. Carla at "Redpunzel."