Ahhhhhh, summer. What do you think of when someone says the word "summer?" I think of flowers, the park, my friends, my family, my dog, the beach, the ocean, animals, ice cream, the pool, bare feet, friendship bracelets, the sun, and books, books, books. Books beyond books. I think everybody reads more in the summer, and not just because things are less busy in the summer, but because there's a wonderful feeling when you read underneath a tree in the summertime or by the pool under the sun.
|Courtesy of martinlieberman.com|
I'm planning to read and write a lot this summer, not that I don't during the winter, fall, and spring. ;) This is also the first year I can participate in the teen summer reading program at our libraries. Some books that I'm planning to read this year are:
1. Any book in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling.
2. Catching Fire and possibly some other books from the Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.
3. (Maybe) The Host by Stephenie Meyer.
4. Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl.
5. The Rising by Kelley Armstrong.
6. Palace of Stone by Shannon Hale.
7. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke.
8. Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods by Suzanne Collins.
9. I would say Allegiant by Veronica Roth but (sadly) that doesn't come out until October 22 of this year (SQUEE!!!!) (Wow, the 22 must be a good date for books and movies that I like. Did you know the "Catching Fire" movie is coming out on November 22? !!!!)
10. Many, many, MANY other books.
My writing goals for this summer are:
1. To finish editing either A Cherry Pie, an Iguana, a Silver Dollar, and a Spitball Fight or The Sorceress.
2. Write a new novel.
3. Win a writing contest.
4. Write a short story.
5. Write a poem.
6. Query agents until I (hopefully) find one willing to represent my book.
Some exciting events this summer:
1. I'm taking a writer's workshop in June!
2. I'm going to Taylor Swift's "Red" concert with my parents, little brother, and BFF in July!
3. Some of our best friends are (hopefully) moving here this summer! If not this summer, then probably sometime later this year!
How about you? Do you have any reading or writing goals for this summer? Do you have any exciting things happening? Leave a comment! :D