Thank you, Jamie and Tallulah from "Chasing the Blue," for nominating me for this award! :)
1. Each nominee must link back to the person that nominated them!
2. Answer the ten questions given to you by the nominator!
3. Nominate 10 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers!
4. Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer!
5. Let the nominees know you have nominated them by going to their website and notifying them!
Jamie and Tallulah's Questions
1. What do you look for in a blog?
Humor, interesting topics, and a creative take on blogging, whether it be the design, the way the blogger reviews books, or anything else.
2. What is something, that despite what others think, is very UN-funny?
"What Does the Fox Say." Why is this song popular? Same with "Gangnam Style."
3. Clip-on earrings – hot or not?
I'm not a huge fan. I had a pair for a very short period of time before I got my ears pierced, and they hurt my ears and kept falling off.
4. What is the first thing you think of when you hear the word, “Marmalade”?
The song "Lady Marmalade." Now it's stuck in my head.
5. Can Vegetarians eat fish and be OK with it? Discuss.
If you're a pesco-vegetarian it's okay (because pesco-vegetarians eat fish), but if you're a full-on vegetarian, I don't think eating fish is okay. If you're going to call yourself a vegetarian, you should be all in.
6. What’s your favourite word?
Magic. :) A close second is hyperbole. I also love onomatopoeias. They're so fun to say! (Pop, sizzle, snap!)
7. Doughnuts or Danishes?
Doughnuts for sure! Specifically Boston Creams and Peanut Butter filled. Or chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. Or blueberry. (Boy, I'm hungry.)
8. Would you rather meet your favourite Author, Blogger, or Vlogger?
Favorite author! Though I think meeting J.K. Rowling is pretty hard to do.
9. What’s your favourite blogpost that YOU’VE written?
Ooh, that's a tricky one. I love talking about my books, so the interviews with my characters are fun, but I also love ones like my "Happy Birthday, Harry Potter!" post and "Eleanor Is Beautiful."
10. Beautiful girls in dresses on book covers – like or dislike?
It depends. If it's like this
then YES. They're creative and stunning. But if it's like this?
Blech. Too . . . shiny. And perfect. It's boring, and all the girls on these types of covers look the same! And what's with the shirtless men?!
1. eBook or physical book?
2. The Hunger Games or Divergent?
3. What are your favorite book-into-movie adaptations?
4. Book trailers: yay or nay?
5. What's your opinion on Twilight?
6. Do you eat sweet or salty foods when writing?
7. What's your favorite genre to read? How about your favorite to write?
8. Do you design covers for your own books like I do? Would you care to share some of those covers? ;)
9. Do you find that your writings are too short or too long?
10. Do you listen to music when you write? If so, what kind?
I tag . . .
I know a lot of the blogs I follow have already received this award from other people, so I'll try to pick blogs that haven't won it yet. It also turns out that many of my blogger friends have more than 200 followers, so I won't quite make it to 10 nominees.
1. Miriam Joy Writes
3. The Idea Catcher
4. The Perpetual Page-Turner
5. X Marks the Spot
6. Notebook Sisters
7. The Ups and Downs of My Not So Average Life
8. Tacos, Dolphins, and Friends
Have fun! :)
Sunday, January 26, 2014
The Liebster Award
I am an 18-year-old homeschooler, author, daydreamer, voracious reader, introvert, feminist, klutz, fangirl, and overuser of tape. I love the impossible (which might explain my obsessions with fantasy novels and Harry Potter) but I dip into the real world . . . occasionally. I tend to get overly emotional over my OTPs and eat sushi or listen to Taylor Swift to soothe the pain. If all else fails, reruns of “Doctor Who” or “Supernatural” is sure to help. I’m a big fan of mismatched socks, Cheez-Its, and bittersweet endings. I believe anything Rainbow Rowell, Felicia Day, or Lin-Manuel Miranda touches turns to gold. If you want to win the way to my heart, help me adopt a baby elephant. Or a llama. Or both. I write to survive and will often yell at my characters if they aren’t behaving, which is always. It doesn’t usually help. I am a contributor to the "Fauxpocalypse" anthology. You can follow me on Twitter at @Magic_Violinist.