SPOILERS AHEAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED ALL OF THE EPISODES.
1. The theme song.
2. The feeling you get when you watch it/hear the music/think about it.
3. STARS HOLLOW!!!
4. Kirk and all of his odd jobs.
5. Sookie's clumsiness.
6. Paris and anything she says.
7. Luke's backwards baseball cap.
8. Lorelai and her "cooking" (*cough* takeout *cough*).
9. Al's Pancake World, even though nobody's once eaten pancakes there.
10. Luke yelling at Taylor.
11. Town meetings.
12. Logan calling Rory "Ace."
13. Friday night dinners.
14. Paul Anka and all of his quirkiness. :) He reminds me of Scout.
15. The fact that the dog's name is Paul Anka.
16. Luke's diner and his "no cellphones" rule.
17. Lorelai ignoring Luke's "no cellphones" rule.
18. The reenactments and festivals.
19. Lane's loose floorboards and everything she hides under there.
20. Mrs. Kim interacting with customers (or with anyone, really).
21. Hep Alien.
22. Michel. Michel Michel Michel.
23. Kirk telling everything that Lulu is his girlfriend.
24. Babette and Miss Patty knowing everything about everyone.
25. "MOREY! MOREY!"
26. Luke and April.
27. Lane and Zack's two different weddings.
28. Luke always being there for Lorelai, Rory, and pretty much everybody in Stars Hollow.
29. THIS scene.
30. The series finale and Rory's "Bon Voyage" party that made me bawl.
What are you favorite things about "Gilmore Girls"? :)
Sunday, January 5, 2014
30 Reasons Why I Love "Gilmore Girls"
I am a 17-year-old homeschooler, author, daydreamer, voracious reader, introvert, feminist, klutz, fangirl, and overuser of tape. I love the impossible (which might explain my obsessions with fantasy novels and Harry Potter) but I dip into the real world . . . occasionally. I tend to get overly emotional over my OTPs and eat sushi or listen to Taylor Swift to soothe the pain. If all else fails, reruns of “Doctor Who” or “Supernatural” is sure to help. I’m a big fan of mismatched socks, Cheez-Its, and bittersweet endings. I believe anything Rainbow Rowell, Felicia Day, or Lin-Manuel Miranda touches turns to gold. If you want to win the way to my heart, help me adopt a baby elephant. Or a llama. Or both. I write to survive and will often yell at my characters if they aren’t behaving, which is always. It doesn’t usually help. I am a contributor to the "Fauxpocalypse" anthology. You can follow me on Twitter at @Magic_Violinist.