Wednesday, July 10, 2013

The Impossible Bucket List

"The Book Chewers" are hosting a weekly link-up. The first link-up was a few days ago, and their prompt was this.

Prompt: It's been said that a reader lives a thousand lives, and it's true. We have an advantage over the rest of the population. We sit on our beds, crack open a book, and we're whisked away to far-off lands where we meet fascinating characters and go on the finest adventures words can write. But this comes with disadvantages. Real life disappoints us. Other people just want to go on a cruise or ride in a hot-air-balloon. We'll always be looking for something slightly more ... magical. A reader's bucket list is an impossible bucket list. What's on your impossible list?


MV's Impossible Bucket List:

1. Attend Hogwarts and become a fully-trained witch.
2. Play Quidditch with the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione behind the Burrow.
3. Buy an owl in Diagon Alley.
4. Drink Butterbeer in The Three Broomsticks.
5. Participate in the reenactment of The Battle of Honey Hill with Ethan.
6. Sit with Lena on her ceiling.
7. Have the brownies in Grandpa Sorenson's house cook me something delicious.
8. Go hunting with Katniss.
9. Travel in the Magic Treehouse.
10. Play Calvinball with Calvin and Hobbes.
11. Attend one of Maya's awesome birthday parties and race up the rock wall with her.
12. Read "An Imperial Affliction" and discuss it with Hazel and Augustus.
13. Send Hilly a chocolate pie.
14. Play soccer with Jared, Ian, Jamie, Melanie, and Wanda.
15. Eat at Bilbo's house with the dwarves.
16. Fence with Alanna.
17. Play Capture the Flag with Tris and Four.
18. Sit with Summer, Jack, and August at lunch.
19. Yell, "For Narnia!" in Narnia.
20. Become a member of Dumbledore's Army.

What's your impossible bucket list? Leave a comment! :D

14 comments:

Boquinha said...

OMG! I love this list!! Can I come?!?

Obviously I love all the Harry Potter stuff. I would also want to do #10 and #12. I loooooove #13! I definitely want to do #18, too. Great, great list. What a fun post!

Dr. Mark said...

Awesome list! I will join you for 1-4 (but become a wizard), 8, not 9 (I'll get dizzy from all the spinning), 10 (although, I've played so many versions with your younger brother!), 12, 13, 15, 18, and 20. As long as it doesn't cramp your style. ;)

Lydia said...

Oh, I like number 20! And I am sooo curious about 'An Imperial Affliction'

Thanks for linking up! =)

Karoline said...

Oooh this was so much fun to read! I'm going to have to do this on my blog as well. When you said, "Send Hilly a chocolate pie," I laughed out loud. Although I have a feeling that mine would be a lot of me wanting to marry fictional boys... *sigh*

a.n.g. said...

I love the second to last one! That would be amazing. :) And playing capture the flag with Tris and Four. I'd like to climb the Ferris wheel with them.

Zoe said...

OOH! Great post! I love the quote "A reader lives a thousand lives" because it is true. I'd love to go to Hogwarts, I guess Pottermore is the closest thing I can get to it ;)

PS. Thanks for commenting on my blog! Just to let you know that you need Clockwork Angel, not Clockwork Princess as that one is the third in TID series. And City of Bones is being made into a film, not Clockwork Princess :) Hope you enjoy them!

Anonymous said...

...what was I thinking?! I should have had "Play Calvinball" on mine. :)

Martina Boone said...

Fantastic list! I want to fly in the Hummingbird! :) And ride a flying motorcycle.

Didi said...

First of all, I love the idea of the impossible bucket list, and 2, I totally agree with numbers 7, 9, 10, and 19! :)

Christine said...

LOOOOVE your bucket list! Technically, you CAN drink butterbeer in The Three Broomsticks if you go to the Wizarding World of HP ;) If you do, I highly recommend the frozen one. So much better!

Ah the Magic Treehouse, YES! I'll join you on that adventure! I'm very fond of yelling "For Narnia!" at random times in random places. I do it often haha. I'd love to actually do it in Narnia, though.

This post is so great!

Angela Ackerman said...

What a brilliant twist on the Bucket List! I love it!!


I looked for an email address here but didn't see one, and you've won a signed copy of How I Lost You in my Gratitude Giveaway! Congrats!! Just fire me an email when you get the chance: http://www.blogger.com/profile/01808259088625142389

Angela :)

The Magic Violinist said...

Thanks for the comments! :D

@Zoe Crook I just checked and I have "Clockwork Angel" NOT "Clockwork Princess." I'll have to find "City of Bones" at the library.

@Christine P Our family went to HP world! :D The Butterbeer was SOOOOOO good!!!! We've tried to make our own, and while being delicious, it's not the same as drinking it in Hogsmeade. ;)

@Angela Ackerman Awesome! :D Sorry, I must've forgotten to add my e-mail address. I'll contact you ASAP!

Unknown said...

I would have liked to learn anything from Severus Snape and to have Harry help me get over my fear of heights by teaching me to fly on a broom.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Roselle Zubey Thanks for commenting! :D I'm curious to know why you'd like to learn something from Snape. Wouldn't he be horrible to you (unless you were in Slytherin, of course)?