"The Book Chewers" are hosting a weekly link-up. The first link-up was a few days ago, and their prompt was this.
Prompt: It's been said that a reader lives a thousand lives, and
it's true. We have an advantage over the rest of the population. We sit
on our beds, crack open a book, and we're whisked away to far-off lands
where we meet fascinating characters and go on the finest adventures
words can write. But this comes with disadvantages. Real life
disappoints us. Other people just want to go on a cruise or ride in a
hot-air-balloon. We'll always be looking for something slightly more ...
magical. A reader's bucket list is an impossible bucket list. What's on your impossible list?
MV's Impossible Bucket List:
1. Attend Hogwarts and become a fully-trained witch.
2. Play Quidditch with the Weasleys, Harry, and Hermione behind the Burrow.
3. Buy an owl in Diagon Alley.
4. Drink Butterbeer in The Three Broomsticks.
5. Participate in the reenactment of The Battle of Honey Hill with Ethan.
6. Sit with Lena on her ceiling.
7. Have the brownies in Grandpa Sorenson's house cook me something delicious.
8. Go hunting with Katniss.
9. Travel in the Magic Treehouse.
10. Play Calvinball with Calvin and Hobbes.
11. Attend one of Maya's awesome birthday parties and race up the rock wall with her.
12. Read "An Imperial Affliction" and discuss it with Hazel and Augustus.
13. Send Hilly a chocolate pie.
14. Play soccer with Jared, Ian, Jamie, Melanie, and Wanda.
15. Eat at Bilbo's house with the dwarves.
16. Fence with Alanna.
17. Play Capture the Flag with Tris and Four.
18. Sit with Summer, Jack, and August at lunch.
19. Yell, "For Narnia!" in Narnia.
20. Become a member of Dumbledore's Army.
What's your impossible bucket list? Leave a comment! :D
Wednesday, July 10, 2013
The Impossible Bucket List
I am a 17-year-old homeschooler, author, daydreamer, voracious reader, introvert, feminist, klutz, fangirl, and overuser of tape. I love the impossible (which might explain my obsessions with fantasy novels and Harry Potter) but I dip into the real world . . . occasionally. I tend to get overly emotional over my OTPs and eat sushi or listen to Taylor Swift to soothe the pain. If all else fails, reruns of “Doctor Who” or “Supernatural” is sure to help. I’m a big fan of mismatched socks, Cheez-Its, and bittersweet endings. I believe anything Rainbow Rowell, Felicia Day, or Lin-Manuel Miranda touches turns to gold. If you want to win the way to my heart, help me adopt a baby elephant. Or a llama. Or both. I write to survive and will often yell at my characters if they aren’t behaving, which is always. It doesn’t usually help. I am a contributor to the "Fauxpocalypse" anthology. You can follow me on Twitter at @Magic_Violinist.