Here is another post prompted by "The Book Chewers."
Prompt: Book peeves. They're like pet peeves, but they're book related. What are yours?
1. When classics don't have the plot written on the back of the book and instead have things like, "Now with over 13 million copies in print and translated into ten languages, this regional story by a young Alabama woman claims universal appeal." (We don't all know what the book is about)!!!
2. When the author's name is bigger than the book title.
3. When I ask somebody if they've read a book and they say, "No, but I've watched the movie, and what's the point of reading the book now that I already know what's going to happen?" (Infuriating).
4. When I finish a book in a series and I still have to wait a year or two for the sequel to come out. (*COUGH* Divergent *COUGH*)
5. When authors are under the impression that teens swear all. The. Time.
6. When I have to read through three pages of unnecessary description to get to the good stuff.
7. When characters delete all of their photos because they're mad at their best friend/delete all of their stories because there's no way that they can become a writer. (This makes me cringe. As a writer, one of my worst fears is that my stories will somehow be destroyed. That's not something you can get back very easily).
8. When books have nothing but cliché characters in them. (I like a little more variety than "the jocks" and "the nerds.")
9. When fifteen (or so) characters are introduced right off the back. (They're hard to keep track of)!
10. When an author executes a poor love triangles. (Note to authors: They've been done to death and unless you can make them convincing, give it up. You're not fooling anyone).
11. When libraries block half of the title or the name of the library with a barcode or some other annoying sticker.
12. When books claim to be, "The next Harry Potter!" (They never are).
What are your Book peeves? Leave a comment! :D
(Psst! Check out Karoline's book review of Matched below)!