I saw this meme on Facebook a while back and thought I'd share it with all of you. It's addicting, hysterical, and so much fun. Take a book you've written or are currently writing, start at the top of the document and scroll down with your eyes closed, then open your eyes. Whatever sentence your cursor lands on, that's one of your eight "titles" for that book. Here are some of mine.
Beneath the Moon and Stars
1. "I don't care how old she is."
2. "If Lane breaks this poor girl's heart like he's crushed so many others, I'll be banned!"
5. “You could be a murderer, or a rapist, and I just got in your car?”
6. I laughed a little, incredulously.
7. “Jesus, Becca. Are you going to shine a light in my face, too?”
8. “I don’t really read ‘books.’”
1. He slowly began to tweak already existing laws, ones about equality and fairness.
6. “I don’t have the pass code!”
Sing a Song of Raindrops
1. “Where are we going?” Micah asked me for the fifth time since he’d woken up.
2. “That's precious chocolate you've wasted.”
6. Glass clung to her hair like diamonds, or stars in a black sky.
7. “What room is he in?”
8. Weren’t those the exact words I’d used with Micah when we were running for our lives so many moons ago?
August Knight and the Sword of Gold
1. But just then, the book grew heavy in my hands.
2. “The legend itself said that it was cursed!”
6. “Maybe she’s playing hide and seek!”
1. Anya’s smile faded.
2. Sensing her fear and trusting her instincts, Ronald pulled out his sword.
6. Anya’s shout silenced the other boys.
Fantasya: A Giant Problem
1. “Don’t forget the giants!”
6. “Off with you!”
What did you come up with? Share your lists in the comment!