Thank you, nevillegirl, for nominating me! :)
1. I am constantly reorganizing the TBR shelf in my bedroom.
2. I am a huge fan of really creative practical jokes, but am often terrible at doing them (while keeping a straight face). But this past April Fool's Day, I created a fake e-mail address under the name Wendy Tyler and sent my mom an e-mail requesting to join her homeschool group with her two kids, Jamie and Alice. She didn't find out that it was me until June!
3. My all-time favorite name for a boy is Jamie.
4. I name my electronics, so if you ever hear me call my desktop Shelly, my laptop Lulu, or my iPod Piper, now you know why.
5. My "middle name," Isabel, is not legally my middle name!
1. What book will you read next?
After City of Heavenly Fire, I will probably read Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.
2. Do your parents, siblings, or any other relatives read your blog? What do they think of it?
Yes, yes, and yes! They all seem to like it, and if they don't, they haven't told me. ;)
3. What is the funniest thing you've seen or heard recently?
My friend Dave's responses to Facebook posts. He's hilarious. For example, my friend Jake recently posted a Facebook status (that turned out to be fake) that said, "I think I'm in love with someone. What should I do?" His advice: "I
would definitely start by tattooing their name on your forehead and
having your last name changed to theirs. Then try to get to know them as
4. If you could choose, right now, to be either ten years young or ten years older than you currently are, which option would you pick?
Ooh, tricky! Ideally, neither, but I suppose I would choose to be ten years younger, because I could always relive the past ten years. But if I were older, I could never get those ten years back.
5. What is your quest?
To become a full-time author!
1. Would you rather drink a liter of your least favorite soda in one sitting or eat a pound of fudge of your least favorite flavor in one sitting?
2. What book do you think is over-hyped?
3. What book have you reread the most?
4. Movies or TV shows?
5. Binge watching or syndication?
I nominate . . .
Mom and Dad at "Sushi and Pizza."
nevillegirl at "Musings From Neville's Navel." (This is honorary, since you've obviously been nominated before.)
Cait and Mime at "The Notebook Sisters."
Skylar Finn at "Life of a Random."
storytellergirlgrace at "Storytellergirl."
Karoline at "As a Teen Writer."
MorningTime4 at "The Ups and Downs of My Not-So-Average Life."
Maria at "The Idea Catcher."
Shelumiel at "Whims and Ramblings."
Lydia at "Planet Lydia."
Thursday, September 4, 2014
The Sunshine Award
I am an 18-year-old homeschooler, author, daydreamer, voracious reader, introvert, feminist, klutz, fangirl, and overuser of tape. I love the impossible (which might explain my obsessions with fantasy novels and Harry Potter) but I dip into the real world . . . occasionally. I tend to get overly emotional over my OTPs and eat sushi or listen to Taylor Swift to soothe the pain. If all else fails, reruns of “Doctor Who” or “Supernatural” is sure to help. I’m a big fan of mismatched socks, Cheez-Its, and bittersweet endings. I believe anything Rainbow Rowell, Felicia Day, or Lin-Manuel Miranda touches turns to gold. If you want to win the way to my heart, help me adopt a baby elephant. Or a llama. Or both. I write to survive and will often yell at my characters if they aren’t behaving, which is always. It doesn’t usually help. I am a contributor to the "Fauxpocalypse" anthology. You can follow me on Twitter at @Magic_Violinist.