I published the first post on this blog. I was eight, and I was so excited to have a blog after watching my mom and dad have so much fun on theirs. But never in a million years would I have imagined that The Magic Violinist could grow like this! And for that, I have to thank my readers--friends, family, old, and new--for sticking with me and helping to make TMV what it is now. :) I'm so glad to have met so many people through blogging!
I thought it'd be fun to celebrate TMV's anniversary with a game! I'll post six questions below that will test your knowledge about yours truly (hi!), and you can post your answers in a comment. The person who correctly answers all six gets virtual chocolate!
Are you ready? Go!
1. What is my favorite book series?
2. What is my real (full) name?
3. I regularly contribute to three blogs (besides my own). What are the names of those blogs?
4. What kind of pet do I have and what is her/her name?
5. Can you name at least three books/book series that would rank in my top ten favorite books list (besides the obvious one)?
6. And finally, I've cried while reading a lot of books, but I've sobbed with two. Which two books were they? (Bonus points if you can guess the top two TV shows that had episodes that did the same thing to me.)
Also, if you don't mind, comment and tell me what your top three favorite posts are from this past year! :) I always appreciate feedback, and this'll help me know what kinds of posts to do in the future.
Thanks again! :) I'm looking forward to the upcoming years!
WARNING: Several people have already put in their answers to the questions and I've responded telling them if they were right or not. If you want to play the game, don't look until after you've guessed!
Monday, July 7, 2014
Six Years Ago Today . . .
I am an 18-year-old homeschooler, author, daydreamer, voracious reader, introvert, feminist, klutz, fangirl, and overuser of tape. I love the impossible (which might explain my obsessions with fantasy novels and Harry Potter) but I dip into the real world . . . occasionally. I tend to get overly emotional over my OTPs and eat sushi or listen to Taylor Swift to soothe the pain. If all else fails, reruns of “Doctor Who” or “Supernatural” is sure to help. I’m a big fan of mismatched socks, Cheez-Its, and bittersweet endings. I believe anything Rainbow Rowell, Felicia Day, or Lin-Manuel Miranda touches turns to gold. If you want to win the way to my heart, help me adopt a baby elephant. Or a llama. Or both. I write to survive and will often yell at my characters if they aren’t behaving, which is always. It doesn’t usually help. I am a contributor to the "Fauxpocalypse" anthology. You can follow me on Twitter at @Magic_Violinist.