See Part 1 HERE.
28. Favorite reading snack?
I have a sweet tooth when it comes to reading snacks. I like cookies, ice cream/milkshakes, and anything chocolate. As far as drinks go, I like hot chocolate and tea.
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The Maze Runner. It didn't meet the high hopes I had for it. :P And, like I said before, I couldn't get into The Book Thief.
30. How often do you agree with critics about a book?
It depends on who's reviewing the book.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
As long as you don't tag the author when you share it on Twitter or something along those lines--I hated TERRIBLE BOOK by @AuthorOfTheBook. Check out my review! = NOT OKAY--and the review is well thought out, I'm okay with it. But if you write, "this book was just plain teribul and i dont need 2 give any more explunassion," that's not a good review. You need to have a reason for disliking the book, you can't just bash it.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you chose?
Portuguese, I guess, since my parents both speak it fluently.
35. Favorite poet?
Erm, I don't really read poetry. Not exactly my thing. But I think spoken word poetry sounds really cool. :)
36. How many books do you usually have checked out of the library at any given time?
When I was younger, 30+. Now, I usually limit myself to five or so (usually less).
37. How often have you returned books to the library unread?
Ha ha, a lot. Tons of times. There aren't enough days in the week to read everything I want to get to!
38. Favorite fictional character?
Hermione Granger. :)
39. Favorite fictional villain?
Voldemort, Bellatrix, and Umbridge.
41. The longest you’ve gone without reading?
Maybe a week? Usually because of book hangovers or being super busy with real life stuff.
42. Name a book that you could/would not finish.
Recently, The Alchemyst, The Book Thief, and Ender's Game. Also couldn't finish Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver.
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Not much, but if people try to talk to me when I'm reading, obviously that's annoying.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
The "Harry Potter" movies, "The Fault In Our Stars," the "Hunger Games" movies, "The Perks of Being a Wallflower," and "The Help."
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
The "Percy Jackson" movies. *bangs head against desk*
46. The most money I’ve ever spent in the bookstore at one time?
Maybe 50 dollars.
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
Before reading, never. While reading it, I'll sometimes skim ridiculously long and most of the time pointless descriptions. This is the one thing that infuriates me with the Mortal Instruments series. There's a reason why those books are such beasts! They could probably be cut in half if she didn't take the time to describe the exact texture, smell, and history of the curtains in Clary's room, or something along those lines.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
If it's boooring.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
Yes, though I often reorganize it for a brand new, shiny system. At the moment, my TBR shelves are organized alphabetically.
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once you’ve read them?
Um, keep them. Definitely keep them. (Unless I have duplicates, then I'll give them away on my blog.)
51. Are there any books you’ve been avoiding?
The Twilight books, just because there are so many other books I'd rather be reading. But I really want to form my own opinions on them so I can talk about them with my blogger friends and actually know what I'm talking about.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Catcher In the Rye. Holden was such a whiner. I wanted to smack him.
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
The Host by Stephenie Meyer. (Thanks for the suggestion, Kirsten!)
54. A book that you expected to like but didn’t?
The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Blah, blah, blah. Such a mediocre book.
55. Favorite guilt-free pleasure reading?
Um, all of my pleasurable reading is guilt-free. ;)