Tuesday, September 11, 2018

The Happy Tag

I was tagged (forever ago) by Engie at "Musings From Neville's Navel" to do the "Happy Tag." And since the past few days here have been so dreary and full of rain, I thought now would be the perfect time to do it. I really had to narrow down some of my lists since I have a lot of "favorites" in some of those areas, so I decided there was a difference between general happiness and that cozy, homey, nostalgia, comfortable happiness only certain things can bring you. I chose to fill out my answers in the latter sense.

(I also added a section for TV shows, because for some reason it wasn't already included in the tag???)


Books that make me happy


-Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
-Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell.
-Calvin and Hobbes by Bill Watterson
-Cress by Marissa Meyer
-Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
-The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli
-Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia
-The Host by Stephenie Meyer
-Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce

Films that make me happy


-"Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them"
-"Harry Potter" movies
-"Wonder Woman"
-"Love, Simon"
-"Les Misérables" (ironically, since the movie itself is so tragic)
-"Beauty and the Beast" (either version)
-"The Day of the Doctor"

TV shows that make me happy  


-"Supernatural"
-"Doctor Who"
-"Castle"
-"Sherlock"
-"Jane the Virgin"
-"Gilmore Girls"
-"This Is Us"
-"Brooklyn Nine-Nine"
-"New Girl"

Songs that make me happy

(Yeah, okay, I went a little crazy with this section . . . This is also about a third of the length that the original list was.)



-"Non-Stop" from "Hamilton"
-"Kingdom Come" by the Civil Wars
-"Stay or Leave" by Dave Matthews
-"Photograph" by Ed Sheeran
-"Anything Could Happen" by Ellie Goulding
-"Boom Clap" by Charli XCX
-"Rockstar" by A Great Big World
-"Jackie and Wilson" by Hozier
-"Girls Chase Boys" by Ingrid Michaelson
-"Carry On Wayward Son" by Kansas
-"Kiss Me" by Sixpence None the Richer
-"There She Goes" by Sixpence None the Richer
-"Shut Up and Dance" by WALK THE MOON
-"Would You Be So Kind" by Dodie
-"Favourite Colour" by Carly Rae Jepsen
-"Singing In the Rain/Umbrella" from "Glee"
-"On My Own" from "Les Misérables"
-"One Day More" from "Les Misérables"
-"So They Say" from "Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog"
-"A Musical" from "Something Rotten!"
-"Light My Candle" from "Rent"
-"Belle" from "Beauty and the Beast"
-"Sincerely, Me" from "Dear Evan Hansen"
-"Wildest Dreams" by Taylor Swift
-"New Romantics" by Taylor Swift
-"Long Live" by Taylor Swift
-"Enchanted" by Taylor Swift
-"Know Your Name" by Mary Lambert
-"Girls Like Girls" by Hayley Kiyoko
-"We'll Go From There" from "Anastasia"
-"A Million Dreams" from "The Greatest Showman"
-"What's Up, Duloc?" from "Shrek: The Musical"
-"Captain Hook's Waltz" from "Peter Pan"
-"Someone Else's Story" from "Chess"

Words that make me happy


-Serendipity
-Optimism
-Epiphany
-Magic
-Lackadaisical

Foods that make me happy

(I made myself so hungry coming up with this list.)



-Sushi
-Tea
-Spanakopita
-Fun iced coffee drinks (the kinds that are loaded with chocolate or caramel flavors)
-Indian food (paneer, curry, naan, etc.)
-Queso dip
-Guacamole
-Doughnuts
-Coke slusies
-Cookies
-Dippy eggs
-Tamales
-Chile rellenos
-Egg/spring rolls
-Reese's peanut butter cups
-Popcorn
-Hot chocolate with peppermint ice cream
-Chocolate and peanut butter milkshakes
-Seafood (crab and lobster dipped in butter, clams, mussels, squid, octopus, lobster rolls, etc.)

Scents that make me happy


-Campfire
-Baking cookies
-Vanilla
-Ocean water
-Books
-Cooking garlic

Miscellany that make me happy


-Puppies
-Daydreaming
-Looking through old photos
-Plaid, flannel shirts
-Playing board games with my family
-Scout
-Fuzzy socks
-Walking through bookstores
-Highlighting my lines in a script
-Preparing backstage for a show with my castmates
-Getting packages in the mail
-Plotting a new book
-Autumn leaves
-Rereading favorite books
-Bingewatching a new show
-Roleplaying online
-Fangirling/shipping with friends
-Reading at the beach
-Sunflowers
-Weeping willows
-Fun lipstick
-Yellow
-Baby elephants
-Baby goats
-Llamas and alpacas
-Writer's camps
-Staying up late
-Going to Broadway

Tag, you're it! What are some of your favorite things? Steal this tag for yourself and/or answer the prompts in the comments.

12 comments:

Dr. Mark said...

I love this post! I knew a lot of these already, but I really love hearing all of your other happy things.

Giving you gifts or special surprises shouldn't be hard for anyone now! But I am not getting you a baby elephant any time soon!

Jimmy said...

This was fun! But how oh how can one generate a list of songs that make you happy and not include "I Want You Back" and "ABC" by the Jackson 5???

Your love of chocolate milkshakes resonates with me.

Roasting green chile is a scent you have to experience. And I'd add the scent of newborn babies to my list.

Under miscellany, your flannel shirts reminded me to include flannel sheets.

Baby goats. I would have never thought of that, but good one!

The Magic Violinist said...

@Dr. Mark

I figured you'd know most of them already. Aw, darn, and here I was thinking that could be my Christmas present this year . . .

@Jimmy

Ha, you'll just have to generate your own list of songs to right that wrong! ;)

Nothing can beat a good chocolate milkshake, especially when it's paired with a good movie and some popcorn.

I haven't been around many newborn babies or roasting green chiles, but I know they both must smell great.

We have a dairy farm near us that makes really good ice cream, and while you eat your delicious ice cream, you can also pet and feed their baby goats. We take a lot of our out-of-town friends there and they always love it.

Gary Foley said...

Wow! The best word that comes to mind in describing you, Kate, is PROLIFIC.

CG @ Paper Fury said...

Ahh I LOVE YOUR LISTS (also the last list is such aesthetic happy things...eeeep) and I love that you had so many songs.😂Also all of Becky Albertalli's books make me SO happy!? Like they're not without strife and problems, but I always laugh and get warm fuzzy feelings at the end. <3 I'm so so glad she writes!

The Magic Violinist said...

@Gary

Ha, I do tend to write a lot, especially when I don't have any current shows filling up most of my time! :P

@Cait

I had so much fun with that last list. It just kept growing. xD That and the song list. It got a little out of hand . . . Becky Albertalli is one of my favorite authors. I LOVE everything she writes. How does she do it??? She manages to include conflict and coziness and food in every single book.

Boquinha said...

I love this, these lists, and you. <3

A couple of words I think are fun:

ubiquitous
innocuous

You and I share a lot in common. :) Also? Love the GIFs.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Boquinha

Ooh, those are good words! They have a similar pattern, so no wonder you like them both. We definitely share a lot in common.

Maria John said...

I'm so in love with this list!!
I do wish I was more of a Rainbow Powell fan but I'm so totally and utterly in love with Becky Albertalli's characters <3 I read The Upside of Everything and Simon Vs in under a week and they were so good - and you'd obviously know because you put it in your list heh heh.

Robinson Crusoe and Peter Book were the two stories I LIVED on as a child.

Oh, I was mad for Supernatural and Castle a couple of years back before the latter seasons drove away the interest. This is Us makes me cry every single episode and I watched Brooklyn 99 for the first time today with my Mom - the first two episodes that had us rolling with laughter.
One show I'd definitely add on here is The 100. A friend bribed me into watching a month ago, and five seasons of great villains and brilliant character development later, I'm here trying to get other people into probably the best show I've watched? The first 3 episodes are meh but it gets so good.
And oooh, of course The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra :)

For music, I share the exact same love for Taylor Swift and I have to ask - have you ever watched a Broadway show? I've been to New York but it was when I was in the second grade and I've been dying to cross a Broadway musical off my bucket list! I'm wondering if maybe you might've watched Hamilton???
Artists whose music I would add on here are Billie Eilish, Troye Sivan, The Script and BTS. Along with Lady Gaga and more Glee Music haha (All of the Lady Gaga songs covered by Glee are all-time favs <3)

And ughhhh I made a cake with my grandma when I was visiting her last week in honour of a summer vacation tradition that hasn't been done in a long time and smell of chocolate chip cake made from scratch is the absolute bestttt. Vanilla and Cookies and Campfire <3 All of it sounds so good.


And now, I've basically created a post with this comment. haha


The Magic Violinist said...

@Maria John

I devour every one of Becky Albertalli's books. I like to think I'm a pretty fast reader, but in reality, I'm a selectively fast reader. I have to be in love with a book to finish it in just a few days.

"Castle" was best in its early years. I know there was some drama between Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic behind-the-scenes that caused storylines to pop up that kept the characters apart from each other so they wouldn't have to interact as much. It definitely changed the feeling of the show. Can't wait to hear what you think about the rest of B99!

I really need to get back into watching "The 100." I got busy with college classes and NaNoWriMo and let it drop off my TBR list for a while to give myself more time, but now all I see are people raving about how good it is. I think I made it a little ways into the third season? But I forget most of what happened. x'D

Yes, I've seen several! I dove straight into the Broadway obsession, so my family has seen a lot of shows recently. My first one was "Les Misérables," which is still one of my favorites. Then I've also seen "Something Rotten!," "Hamilton," "Waitress," "Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812," and "Harry Potter and the Cursed Child." I'm seeing "Dear Evan Hansen" and "To Kill a Mockingbird" later this year! If you ever get the chance to see a show on Broadway, do it. It's amazing.

I've listened to a little bit of Troye Sivan, but not nearly as much as I ought to. Everyone seems to love him!

Mmm, that sounds delicious!

Lara Liz said...

This post was so calming for whatever reason. You definitely put me in my happy place :) And now I want doughnuts, cookies, and milkshake, so thanks for that. I 100% agree with you on the vanilla and baking smells too, so maybe I'm just overly sugar-driven.

Okay, I'm literally sucking a toffee as I write this. I'm definitely overly sugar-driven.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Lara Liz

It was calming to write. I mean, what could be more fun than filling out a happy tag? LOL, it definitely sounds like you might be a teensy bit sugar-driven. I hope you got doughnuts, cookies, and/or milkshakes after reading this.