Thursday, May 4, 2017

Beauty and the Beast Book Tag

I was tagged by Lara at "Another Teen Reader" and since I'm mildly obsessed with "Beauty and the Beast" at the moment, I couldn't resist doing this one.


Be Our Guest
(5 characters you'd invite to your dream dinner party)



I'm banning myself from mentioning any Harry Potter characters, because otherwise I'd end up inviting all of Hogwarts, and there's no way they'd all fit in my house.

So now that I have it narrowed down (sort of), I'd invite:

1. Simon from Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli, because he'd be so easy to talk to about everything nerdy, namely Harry Potter. And if he were coming, I'd totally make some sort of Oreo dessert.

2. Iko from the Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer, because she's literally the nicest to everyone and would chat us all up about the latest net drama and who she ships.

3. Nina from the Six of Crows series by Leigh Bardugo, because she'd appreciate all of the food and go back for seconds and thirds. And she's hilarious and would be a nice energy to add to the group.

4. Cath from Fangirl, because we'd have so much to talk and fangirl about. And with all the other talkative nerds at the party, I think she'd be able to break out of her shell a little and join in on the fun.

5. Celaena from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas, because she'd also appreciate all the food and bring a nice element of snark to the conversation.

Belle
(A character whose dreams of adventure inspire you)



Leslie from Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson. She went on all sorts of adventures without ever even leaving her hometown thanks to her wild imagination. Her dreamworlds were so vivid and creative.

The Beast / Prince
(A character who went through an unexpected transformation)




Karou from Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor. I won't give anything away because there are some massive spoilers, but that ending, WOW.


The Enchanted Rose
(A book with a terrible curse at the heart of the story)




This was a tricky one, but I guess Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater would count? What with everyone telling Blue she's destined to kill her true love if she kisses him.

Tale as Old as Time
(A classic romance story that you love)



It's not exactly a classic, but it's become a modern classic (if that makes any sense at all), so I'll say The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. I fell in love with it the first time I read it and every time after that.

The Dance
(Your favorite romantic scene from any book)




It's hard to pick just one, but one that comes to mind right now is from Cress by Marissa Meyer. Again, more spoilers, but for those of you who have read it, it's toward the end of the book when Thorne keeps a promise he made. (Do you know what I'm talking about?)


The Last Petal
(A book character who managed to break a terrible curse)




More curses??? I'm having a hard time thinking of any. Help?

Beauty and the Beast
(Your bookish OTP)



UGH, DECISIONS. I'll make it easier and pick my current OTP instead of my all-time favorite OTP. So Aristotle and Dante from Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz it is!

Tag, you're it! Feel free to take this for your own blog and/or do it in the comments. Have fun! :)

4 comments:

Boquinha said...

These posts are so fun. This one makes me keenly aware of how few of these books I've read. And of how few stories I can think of with curses in them. :P

The Magic Violinist said...

@Boquinha

To be fair, a lot of these books probably wouldn't be your favorite, anyway (lots of fantasy and sci-fi). But you would love Aristotle and Dante, and you should definitely listen to the audio.

Right? That seems to be the category most people had a hard time with. :P

Lara Liz said...

Oh I am so glad I tagged you in this, Kate! Your response did not disappoint - and can I please come to your dinner party? I'd forgotten about the downright sarky brilliance that is Iko, so now I'm just kind of wishing against hope that I could meet her. And eat whatever amazing oreo dessert you cooked up.

I'm not the only one who struggles with curses! HUZZAH! Thanks for a great post as always, Kate.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Lara Liz

Me, too! You're absolutely invited. How could I not include you on the guest list? Iko is so adorable and must be protected in case Marissa Meyer it's to do anything to her in the Wires & Nerve series.

It's such a deceptively simple category. There has to be something I'm forgetting . . .