Shelumiel tagged me in the "Extraordinary Means" blog meme, and it just looked like too much fun to pass up. Thanks!
1. I would give up the internet for a month for a signed first edition of this book.
No internet for a month is a big deal, so obviously the book I get in return would have to be a huge deal. And what better signed first edition to get than a Harry Potter book? ;) My first choice would be The Deathly Hallows, since that's my favorite, but really I would give up the internet for a month or multiple months for any of them.
2. I would give up pizza for a year if it meant I could sit next to this author on a long plane ride.
Hmm, probably John Green. He definitely has enough energy and stuff to talk about to make the time pass quickly, and it'd be great to pick his brain for marketing tips. Plus, it's John freaking Green. How cool would that be?
3. I would sit through a thousand hours of commercials if it would ensure Hollywood made this book into a movie.
One book?! Nope, no way, I couldn't choose between the three. They'd all make fantastic movies. Plenty of action, awesome characters, magic and adventure, and basically everything you need for a YA book adaptation. I would go to the midnight premiere of any of these.
4. I would never read a new book again if it meant I could live inside this book.
No new books ever again?! How could I even go about my day with an empty TBR pile and hundreds of books just taunting me? If I had to make that sacrifice, I would live inside the Harry Potter books. Hogwarts would be a pretty good trade-off.
5. I would let my Google search history be made public if it meant I could be best friends with this author.
Hehehe, well my Google search history is pretty weird and fishy . . . everything from what kind of gunshots are fatal to how to hack into somebody's passwords to picking locks to pictures of sloths wearing pajamas (I'm serious). But authors have strange search histories. I'd definitely want to be best friends with Rainbow Rowell. She's funny and a great writer and just seems like a really cool person. We'd have tons of fun marathon watching "Sherlock" and eating delicious food.
6. I would donate everything I own to Goodwill if it meant I could date this book character in real life.
Maybe Augustus Waters? A sense of humor, intelligence, and a love for reading are all big pluses for me. I think we'd get along great and find tons to talk about.
Tag, you're it! What would you be willing to give up for these things? Let me know in the comments, or write a post of your own! :) Have fun!