Today is my mom's 40th birthday. My dad had the idea to surprise her with Happy Birthday blog posts that would publish all at the same time. So, Mommy, here is my list of 40 things I love about you:
1. Your thoughtfulness.
2. Your willingness to jump into anything.
3. Talking with you.
4. How you sing and dance like nobody's watching.
5. How you always put your family first.
6. Playing games with you.
7. Reading books with you.
8. How you make an effort to make everything nice for us.
9. Watching TV with you.
10. When you give us random hugs.
11. How you make everything fun.
12. How you're an open book.
13. How you make Maxim and me a part of big decisions.
14. That you talk to us openly.
15. That you treat Maxim and me like adults.
16. How you always know what to say.
17. That you ask for our opinions on things and really care about what we say.
18. That you always say, "I love you" before we go to bed.
19. That you worry about us like any mother would, but gives us our space when we need it.
20. You cook great food.
21. You're creative.
22. You're funny.
23. You're smart.
24. You like spending time with us.
25. That you always comment on our blogs.
26. You like the simple things in life.
27. That you always move over in bed when we have bad dreams.
28. That you miss us when we've only been gone for a few hours.
29. You get excited about the little things.
30. You create fun holiday traditions.
31. That you go all out to celebrate our birthdays.
32. That you take pictures of everything.
33. You get my quirky writing habits.
34. You get my quirky habits in general.
35. You're able to laugh at yourself.
36. You enjoy my friends, and my friends enjoy you.
37. How you're forty and still sleep with your teddy bear.
38. You take a genuine interest in our hobbies and try to understand them, no matter how complicated they may be.
39. That you save articles and funny pictures on your computer so you can show us later.
40. How much you love us.
I love you!
Monday, March 3, 2014
I am an 18-year-old homeschooler, author, daydreamer, voracious reader, introvert, feminist, klutz, fangirl, and overuser of tape. I love the impossible (which might explain my obsessions with fantasy novels and Harry Potter) but I dip into the real world . . . occasionally. I tend to get overly emotional over my OTPs and eat sushi or listen to Taylor Swift to soothe the pain. If all else fails, reruns of “Doctor Who” or “Supernatural” is sure to help. I’m a big fan of mismatched socks, Cheez-Its, and bittersweet endings. I believe anything Rainbow Rowell, Felicia Day, or Lin-Manuel Miranda touches turns to gold. If you want to win the way to my heart, help me adopt a baby elephant. Or a llama. Or both. I write to survive and will often yell at my characters if they aren’t behaving, which is always. It doesn’t usually help. I am a contributor to the "Fauxpocalypse" anthology. You can follow me on Twitter at @Magic_Violinist.