Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ABCs of My Awesome Life

I completely ripped this off of multiple other bloggers (but to be fair, they were ripping it off of someone else, too). If you want to learn more about my awesome life, please continue.

Ambition: To become a published author. And neaten up my handwriting (seriously, an aspiring author should have neat handwriting)! Oh, and become a witch (the Harry Potter kind, not the double, double toil and trouble kind). I'd also like to own a broomstick (preferably a Firebolt). And a Niffler. A room of requirement would be pretty handy. And a magic wand.

Bad Habits: I procrastinate (but I'm working on that). I also bite my nails (and I really do want to quit. Anyone have any tips? I've tried everything).

Celebrity Crushes: Hmm, I've never really had a celebrity crush, but I guess I'll say Adam Levine because he's cute, creative, talented, and geeky (he is)!

Drink: Butterbeer. (There are some awesome recipes out there. Go look one up)!

Education: Real education: homeschool. Dream education: Hogwarts. (*Sigh*).

Food: Favorite: Sushi. Least favorite: Raisins and most nuts (excluding cashews and certain types of peanuts). I also love popcorn (when I don't have a stupid orthodontic appliance in, which I do now--braces, ugh), chocolate, and berries of any kind.

Guilty Pleasures: Why do we call these guilty pleasures again? Should we feel bad for enjoying life? Anyway, I'd say chocolate and peanut butter (Reese's anyone?), video games (mostly Webkinz and Minecraft), reading, writing, and good TV shows (new favorites include Friends and Gilmore Girls, but don't ruin anything for me because this is my first time watching both)!

Hometown: I was born in Arizona, but I've lived in a small town in Pennsylvania for ten years now.

Ice Cream: Chocolate and peanut butter. All the way. (My second favorite is the "Double Dunker" flavor, and, as my mom says, it tastes like Dunkin Donuts smells).

Jonesing for: (I'm not positive, but I think this means what am I craving--?). Then I guess right now I'm "Jonesing for" a sequel to the Harry Potter series, Allegiant by Veronica Roth, the next two books in The Host series, and a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (but I'm "Jonesing" for that all the time).

Kryptonite: Cute puppies. I just have to pet every single one of them.

Look-a-like: Hermione Granger, when I first get up in the morning. (One of the perks of having thick, brown hair. I can easily dress up as her for Halloween, after messing up my hair, which I did a few years back).

Movie: Favorites: Any of the "Harry Potter" movies, "The Hunger Games," "The Help," "The King's Speech," "Wreck-It Ralph," and any of the "Toy Story" movies. Movies I think could have been better: "The Host." It was good, because I loved the book, but some of the actors and actresses were really bad, and some of the scenes weren't realistic to the book. (In one scene, a character is forced to cut herself with a knife, and she doesn't even flinch when it happens. She just stares at the blood).

Nickname: I don't have any nicknames, seeing as the only nickname that could come from "Kate" is "Katie" (which I hate. It sounds condescending to me, but I don't know why). The nickname I love from being online is MV which stands for Magic Violinist.

Obsessions: Reading. Writing. Harry Potter. Taylor Swift. The Civil Wars (the band). Indie music. Chocolate and peanut butter. My family. My Friends. My dog Scout. Cute puppies. Yellow. Sunflowers. The beach. Fantasy novels. Etc. . . .

Perfume: Yuck. I hate perfume. And scented hairspray. But I do love how Taylor Swift describes her perfume ("Wonderstruck") on the Ellen show. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a video of her talking about it, but I was able to find a "commercial" for it.



Quirk: I straighten any crooked object. If three pencils are next to each other on a table, but one of them isn't completely aligned with the others, I'll fix it. It bothers me if things aren't perfectly straightened like that.

Regret: I have no regrets. I won't do anything that I think I might regret later.

Starbucks: Is okay. I really don't like coffee (unless it's a pumpkin latte), and the only drinks I like there are hot chocolate and their hot apple cider drink. I do like their big cookies, though.

The Last Book You Read: Cinder by Marissa Meyer. It was surprisingly good, and I can't wait for the next installments in The Lunar Chronicles.

Unique Feature: I can't think of any unique features I have. I don't have any freckles, scars, birthmarks, or any other unusual marks/spots/features.

Vacation: My favorite vacation was the one our family took to Florida to go to Harry Potter World. Best. Amusement. Park. Ever.

Wine: I don't know anything about wine. Or any kind of alcohol.

X: I am Xtra confused about this space.

Years: Years I've been alive: 13. Years ahead of me: ??? (Hopefully many).

Zen: Reading and writing makes me calm, as does hot chocolate and Scout.

I tag you all! If you read this post you are now doomed to write an ABC post about your life! (Mwa ha haaaaaaa).

11 comments:

Boquinha said...

Bwahahahaha! "Quirk: I straighten any crooked object. If three pencils are next to each other on a table, but one of them isn't completely aligned with the others, I'll fix it. It bothers me if things are perfectly straightened like that."

Really?? HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR ROOM?!?

I absolutely LOVED reading this. And of course you know I can't resist these kinds of prompts, so off I go (thank you!). :)

Unknown said...

This is a fun post.
Sorry, I don't have tips about procastination. I'm probably the worst person to ask for help on that subject :b
And you don't need neat handwriting to be a successful author! Being able to write fast is probably better than being able to write beautifully.
Chocolate and peanut butter is the best :)
P.S. could you check out my blog? it can be found at http://theideacatcher.blogspot.com/
I'd appreciate it a lot!
Thanks

The Magic Violinist said...

@Boquinha: Hey, I've fixed up my room to my liking (almost). ;) Organizing it better is one of the things on my to-do list this summer.

@Maria: Thanks for commenting! :D I keep telling myself that my handwriting is fine, but that darn voice in the back of my head keeps saying that it could be better. I'll check out your blog ASAP!
P.S.: How did you find my blog? (Not that it's a secret or anything . . .) ;)

Anonymous said...

Fun idea for a blog post! I may steal this for my blog (with a link back to you, of course!)

I have a similar quirk, of needing to straighten cooked or mismatched objects... :-P

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I may do this. :)

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I'M READING CINDER RIGHT NOW!

Dr. Mark said...

So fun to read this post! Also fun to see Mommy's comment! So is the secret to your room to line up pencils on the floor? :P The three pencils in a line may be from Mommy's dad.

And now I am to read Mommy's post, and then write my own. Thanks!

Didi said...

Holy Cow! You've read Cinder! That is my favorite book!!!! It's funny because as I was reading this I thought about posting in my comment that I thought you might like to read it. I got it from a book order, and even though science fiction really isn't my genre, I read it, and it became my new favorite book. Have you read Scarlet yet? I liked that one too, but the last few chapters scared me to death! (I hope that didn't give anything away...:))

For your "Quirk", I have to agree. I am like that too! :) I especially hate it when a teacher in my school starts to erase something on the whiteboard, but miss the corner of a letter. It drives me crazy!

Karoline said...

I'm glad someone shares my peanut butter obsession! I'm pretty much convinced that it can go with everything.

Anonymous said...

MV--the last book I read was one recommended by you, Wonder. As soon as I finished it I asked my girls to read it and now they are enjoying it. Great read.

And I laughed at the Ellen clip. Thanks for that!

aishamonet said...

I love this, I've never heard of the ABC challenge before. I think it's a really good idea! I'm with you on becoming a HP witch.

The Magic Violinist said...

@storytellergirlgrace Ha, mismatched objects don't bother me. ;) I never wear matching socks unless forced to for a fancier occasion.

@nevillegirl I saw your post and I WILL comment once I find time to! ;) I'm taking a week-long writing camp right now so I barely have time to respond to these comments!

You're in for a treat with Cinder! :D

@Daddy Yes, that's basically the trick. ;) Sometimes I'll see that the drawer on my dresser isn't pushed all the way in and I *HAVE* to get up from bed to fix it. Otherwise I can't sleep. XD It's very annoying. ;P

@Didi WHAT?!?! SCARLET CAME OUT?!?! MUST. READ. IT. NOW.

Hey, that happened at my writing camp today! ;) It bugged me for several minutes until he finally erased the last bit of marker!

@Karoline Kingley Yes, it *DOES* go with most everything! (Unlike bacon, no matter how much my friends insist--Sorry, Dave. ;P )

@Jimmy I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D "Wonder" definitely makes it onto my top ten books/book series list. ;)

@aishamonet Right?!?! I could go so many places if I could Apparate! Europe for starters . . . ;)