Sunday, September 8, 2019

June Wrap-Up

JUNE

Books I Read

Since I was in Europe for two weeks and in tech rehearsals/performances for one show and regular rehearsals for another, I really didn't have much time to finish a book. I did start a lot though! xD

Movies I Watched


5/5

This was excellent! I'm not a huge Elton John fan or anything (I like his music, but there are only a couple of his songs I'd go out of my way to listen to; the rest I'd probably just listen to if they came on a shuffled playlist), but I found his story really compelling. The casting and acting was perfect and all of the "music video" kind of sequences were very imaginative and fit in the movie along with everything else. I really liked it!



3.5/5

I'd heard more buzz about this movie than "Rocketman," but I like "Rocketman" much more. I didn't find this story quite as emotional or compelling and the music wasn't incorporated as well. Maybe I would have enjoyed it more had I not seen a movie in similar style so soon before watching it, but it just fell more flat. Still pretty good, but it was hard for me to get into it when Freddie Mercury was kind of a dick sometimes.


4/5

I wasn't expecting to like this as much as I did, but it was pretty hilarious. Not only was it a decent parody of horror movies, but it was a pretty good horror movie in its own right. I watched it with a group of people who were just as set on making sarcastic commentary as I was, so that made the whole viewing experience so much better.


4/5

This was not my favorite of all the Toy Stories, but it was still really good. The Forky and Duke Kaboom characters were great additions to the crew. It wasn't as emotional as the other stories, but we did laugh a lot watching it. A worthy sequel, in my opinion.

Quotes I Wrote




This is my life right now, so no quotes to share.

Obsessions I Acquired

No new obsessions either.

Pictures of the Month

The real Platform 9 3/4!
We got lost in some ritzy neighborhood and decided to have an impromptu photoshoot.

London Bridge!

Afternoon tea!

Tower of London!

I reprised my role as Captain Hook for a few seconds to face off against Peter Pan one last time.
Abbey Road!

Harry Potter Warner Bros. Studios tour!

Les Mis on the West End! From left to right: Javert, Valjean, and Eponine.
"Early each day, to the steps of St. Paul's, the little old bird woman comes . . ."

Inside the Globe Theater!

Buckingham Palace!

Tower Bridge!


221B Baker Street!



Eiffel Tower!




Monet's Gardens

The best homemade ice cream I've ever had

Trying not to get too claustrophobic while viewing the Mona Lisa!

The Louvre! We got so lost inside. It took us 30 minutes just to find the exit!

Notre Dame

Such a cute bookstore!

"I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne. Yes?"
Amsterdam! Everything here was beautiful.













I've already been missing the food since I've been home, but I'm especially missing it now with college cafeteria food being my main option these days 😭




























Our first official picture as a couple 😂

Dressed in our ballroom finest for the "Masquerade" number in the "Broadway at the Barn" cabaret.
"We're in the Money." I had so much fun tapping in this number!



"So Long, Farewell"












S'mores! I love s'mores in the summertime

We tried and failed to make pancakes 😂

We ordered way too much Chinese food

Post-rehearsal Dairy Queen outing!


We now have a tradition of taking selfies every time we get milkshakes.

We visited Sam on her work break!
More milkshake selfies!
This dog was so freaking cute


Double date watching John Mulaney!

How was your June?

3 comments:

IcthyoSapien said...

I liked Rocketman much more than Bohemian Rhapsody as well! I'm glad I was a big part of your June! The pancakes I made tasted horrible, but I had so much fun making them with you.

Boquinha said...

"Obsessions acquired this month: Josh"

There. Fixed it.

Great wrap-up post. Awesome pictures.

The Magic Violinist said...

@Josh

You were a huge part of my June. :) LOL, they were not that bad . . . they just looked a little weird. xD But it was so fun making them together!

@Boquinha

LOL, you're right, I should've listed it that way. ;P Thank you!